To report a public toilet concern, please call 311 or submit a service request.
The Automatic Public Toilet Program was developed because of a growing civic concern about the lack of sufficient public toilet facilities in the City. The toilets automatically clean themselves after each use, and are fully accessible to people with disabilities. This program is operated at no cost to the City. In exchange for the toilets, the City allows the contractor to install public service/advertising kiosks on City sidewalks. Advertising revenue generated by the kiosks pays for the installation and maintenance of the toilets.
There are 25 self-cleaning public toilets operated through this program that are accessible for people with disabilities. Below is the list of locations:
1. Fisherman's Wharf: Jefferson & Powell Sts.
2. Fisherman's Wharf: Jefferson & Powell Sts.
3. Bay & Taylor Sts.
4. Coit Tower, Pioneer Park
5. Washington Square: Union St. & Columbus Ave
6. Pier 7
7. Justin Herman Plaza
8. Market & California Sts.
9. Transbay Terminal: Mission & 1st Sts.
10. St. Mary's Square: Pine & Quincy Sts.
11. Union Square: Geary & Powell Sts.
12. MacCauley Park: Larkin & O'Farrell Sts.
13. Boedecker Park: Eddy & Jones Sts.
14. Market & Powell Sts.
15. Civic Center: Grove & Larkin Sts.
16. UN Plaza: Market & 7th Sts.
17. Embarcadero & Harrison Sts.
18. Stanyan & Waller Sts.
19. Market & Church Sts.
20. Market & 17th Sts.
21. Mission & 16th Sts.
22. Twin Peaks
23. Mission & 24th Sts.
24. South Van Ness Ave & Cesar Chavez St.
25. Drumm & Clay Sts.
For additional information contact us at:
The Department of Public Works
Bureau of Street Use and Mapping
1155 Market Street, 3rd Floor (Map)
San Francisco, CA 94103
There are also public toilets in parks and playgrounds, click here for Public Toilets sorted by Zip Code (PDF) or click here for Public Toilets sorted by Supervisory District (PDF).