Whether you’re looking to help us design or construct a building or renovate our streets, the links on this page will provide you with resources including references to bid advertisements, general conditions, excavation regulations, city ordinances and codes, and standards and specifications for submitting bids on various projects.
Companies interested in working with the Department of Public Works undergo a competitive bidding process and can download required forms and documents electronically.
For more information about doing business and contracting opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco, visit the Office of Contract Administration.
Executive Directive on Contractor Partnering and Prompt Payment Policies
- Partnering Summit, 2/27/14 -- On February 27, 2014, more than 300 contractors, City department leaders and construction industry executives joined Mayor Edwin M. Lee to officially kick off San Francisco’s partnering program. You can watch the entire summit and learn more by clicking the link above.
- Micro-LBE Town Hall, 11/13/13 -- Presentation on upcoming construction opportunities, how to present the best bid packages, available resources and more
- Streets Bond Presentation – Contractors Town Hall #2 – 10/22/12
- DPW Housekeeping - Contractors Town Hall #2 – 10/22/12
- Streets Bond Presentation - Paving Contractors Town Hall - 3/20/12
Current and Upcoming Contracts and Bids
For information on upcoming DPW projects: streetscapes, curb ramps, paving, traffic signal, transit, sewer, water, capital & professional services
Reference Documents and Standard Specifications and Plans