Originally built as part of the 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition, the Palace of Fine Arts was rebuilt in the 1960's in reinforced concrete. The Palace is a well-known and popular San Franciscan historical landmark. DPW led the successful restoration of a multi-phase project for the Department of Receation and Park. The work scope included seismic upgrades to the rotunda and colonnades, restoration of the walkways around the facility and the edge of the lagoon, electrical and mechanical upgrades to help improve circulation to the water of the lagoon, and landscaping and other treatments to preserve the history and beauty of the Palace of Fine Arts. Final phase of the renovation to the Palace of Fine Arts was completed in 2009.
Cost: $21 million