Whether you’re looking to help us design or construct a building or renovate our streets, the links on this page will provide you with resources including references to bid advertisements, general conditions, excavation regulations, city ordinances and codes, and standards and specifications for submitting bids on various projects.
Companies interested in working with Public Works undergo a competitive bidding process and can download required forms and documents electronically.
For more information about doing business and contracting opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco, visit the Office of Contract Administration.
- San Francisco City & Contractor Liaison meeting, 11/18/15
- San Francisco City & Contractor Liaison meeting, 3/3/15
- San Francisco City & Contractor Liaison meeting, 12/2/14
- Partnering Summit, 2/27/14 -- On February 27, 2014, more than 300 contractors, City department leaders and construction industry executives joined Mayor Edwin M. Lee to officially kick off San Francisco’s partnering program. You can watch the entire summit and learn more by clicking the link above.
- Micro-LBE Town Hall, 11/13/13 -- Presentation on upcoming construction opportunities, how to present the best bid packages, available resources and more
- Streets Bond Presentation – Contractors Town Hall #2 – 10/22/12
- Public Works Housekeeping - Contractors Town Hall #2 – 10/22/12
- Streets Bond Presentation - Paving Contractors Town Hall - 3/20/12
- Town Hall Contractor Attendees - 3/20/12
Current and Upcoming Contracts and Bids
For information on upcoming projects: streetscapes, curb ramps, paving, traffic signal, transit, sewer, water, capital & professional services
- Doing Business with Public Works – Buildings, playgrounds, street resurfacing, streetscapes & consulting services – Updated Nov. 17, 2015
- Public Works Major Capital Projects and Initiatives
- Visit the Contracts & Bids Database for current bid advertisements
3/27/2014 - Press Release: City Leadership and Contractors Build New Partnership
12/19/2012 - Press Release: Mayor Lee Issues Executive Directive to Improve Delivery of Capital Projects and Promote Efficiency
12/19/2012 - Press Release: Six San Francisco Agencies to Adopt Construction Partnering Program Based on IPI Collaborative Partnering Model
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Capital Plan - Fiscal Years 2014-2023
- Contractor Resources Fact Sheet
- Find out what it takes to do business with the City
- Local Business Enterprise (LBE) Certification
- Local Hire Fact Sheet
- Look for careers, jobs and training programs
- Executive Directive on Contractor Partnering and Prompt Payment Policies (PDF)